Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Five Favorite Albums

Afterglow, Sarah McLachlan
The Reminder, Feist
Tropical Brainstorm, Kirsty MacColl
Hopes and Fears, Keane
Amarantine, Enya

Other good albums:

Fumbling Toward Ecstasy, Sarah McLachlan
Acadie, Daniel Lanois
Picaresque, The Decemberists
Woman King, Iron and Wine
The Crane Wife, The Decemberists
The Village (soundtrack), James Newton Howard
Harry and the Potters and the Power of Love, Harry and the Potters
Dive, Sarah Brightman
All of the Lord of the Rings soundtracks, Howard Shore
The Suburbs, Arcade Fire

Mostly, I just like making lists, so I did. Also, I'd love to know what your five favorite albums are too.

THE END.

5 comments:

  1. I love lists and I love lists that are made by you.
    I couldn't sleep until I figured out what my top 5 favorite albums are, so sorry that I am even doing this and that they're so tragically predictable.
    Towards the Sun, Alexi Murdoch
    For Emma, Forever Ago, Bon Iver
    The Return of the King, Howard Shore
    Sigh No More, Mumford and Sons
    The Suburbs, Arcade Fire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lists are awesome.

    In response to your fave five, I do not know who Kirsty MacColl is, but I shall check her out.

    I can attest to everyone else, and Afterglow is the autographed album. You know the story.

    While considering my favorite five albums, I sort of made a mess.

    To save you from clicking:
    Little Earthquakes, Tori Amos
    1,000 Kisses, Patty Griffin
    Retrospective, Indigo Girls
    OK Computer, Radiohead
    The Mission soundtrack

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! New albums for me to listen to! This pleases me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow I missed this post, which is lame, because of course I always wanna chat about cool albums.

    I can't say what my top 5 albums are. My collection has expanded beyond comprehension and pinning it down to just five is certainly impossible. So I defer to simply listing albums that have made a significant impression on me.

    1) Disintegration - The Cure
    2) Magic and Loss - Lou Reed
    3) No More Shall We Part - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
    4) Kid A - Radiohead
    5) And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out - Yo La Tengo

    Honorable Mention (or some that deserve to be in the top 5):

    Floodland - The Sisters of Mercy
    Time Out of Mind - Bob Dylan
    Pretty Hate Machine - Nine Inch Nails
    Street Fighting Years - Simple Minds
    Die Winterreise - Franz Schubert

    ReplyDelete